NetComm NF8AC VDSL2 / ADSL2+ AC1600 Wireless Gigabit Modem Router
The VDSL/ADSL AC1600 WiFi Gigabit Modem Router offers a range of connection options and networking features designed to suit all of your communications needs. Connection to the Internet is achieved via the VDSL/ADSL modem for connection to DSL today, Fibre to the Node NBN tomorrow or the Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for a possible fibre connection in the future. With carefully developed hardware and software features, this router ensures that it is optimised for use today and well into the future.
With an AC WiFi access point delivering super-fast WiFi speeds, users will be able to take their wireless networking to the next level. The 5GHz AC WiFi can be used for prioritising high bandwidth activities such as streaming media around the house and the 2.4GHz WiFi N can be used for everyday online activities.
With 4 high speed wired connections using the Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports and the ability to share a USB hard drive and the stored files with connected users, the NF8AC is the ideal hub for your powerful home network.
ADSL TODAY. NBN/FIBRE TOMORROW
The inclusion of a VDSL/ADSL modem and Gigabit WAN port means you can connect to your ADSL now, and make a smooth transition to NBN/Fibre later. Both connection options deliver a fast and powerful Internet connection to your home or office so you can: create a reliable and high speed WiFi network, connect wired devices and enjoy shared access to USB devices.
FIBRE TO THE NODE
With the Australian NBN moving towards “Fibre to the Node”, homes will require a VDSL connection to deliver their high speed Internet. VDSL can provides data rates exceeding 100 Mbps in both download and upload speeds, meaning it can take advantage of the speeds offered with the NBN.
HIGH SPEED AC WIFI
This router creates an instant dual band WiFi hotspot for users to connect to. The latest AC WiFi technology is supported at speeds of up to 1300Mbps on the 5GHz frequency for prioritising high speed traffic such as online gaming, streaming data and movie files. WiFi N is supported at speeds of up to 300Mbps on the 2.4GHz frequency for every day browsing activities.
- Fully featured VDSL2 / ADSL2+ Modem Router
- 1 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for connection to fibre services
- 4 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for wired connections
- Supports 802.11ac. WiFi on the 5GHz frequency for speeds up to 1300Mbps
- Supports 802.11n. WiFi on the 2.4GHz frequency for speeds up to 300Mbps
- 2 x USB host ports – supports U
- SB storage device for file sharing
- Built-in media server. Just add a USB hard drive
- NBN ready: carefully developed hardware and software features to ensure this device is optimised for use on the National Broadband Network:
- Wireline Routing Speeds
- IGMP Snooping
- IPTV IGMP V1 V2 Pass through
- IPv6 ready for the next generation IP addressing
- WPS button for simple setup of your wireless network